Friday, September 19, 2008

THOUGHTS ON LIFE

Latley I have been experiencing trials in my life that I hope no one has to go through. But latley I just can't help but think how wonderful this life is. I am so grateful for my wonderful husband who is extremely patient with me, for my calling even though at times I want to walk up to my bishop and say "I'm done", my house even though it's not the best looking house, my job even though I work with picky doctors and rude patients, my family and etc. etc. I have been thinking a lot about how my life is and how lucky I am. About a month ago the young women and young men and leaders in my stake went on a tour to the humanitarian center and you couldn't help but get teary eyed in there. (If you haven't gone.. GO!) The church helps out so many people in the world who has very little.. babies are being brought home from the hospital in banana leaves or newspaper because they don't have a warm blanket. And others not having any food to eat. I think that some of us take this life for granted and not appreciating for what we have. After the tour I couldn't help but think all that I have... a warm bed to sleep in, brushing my teeth everyday, taking nice hot shower in the morning. etc. I also wanted to share that I have been following up on Nie Recovery it is sooo heart warming to hear the struggle that her and her husband are going through.. Her posts are so heart warming. The love that she has for her children and her husband.. her family who is rooting for them to recover from burns in a plane crash. If you have not seen the blog you should go to it. I couldn't imagine myself going through what they are experiencing. I have also been thinking for our soldiers out there fighting for our country. I love the freedom that we have in our country. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for the freedom that I have. On that note I am so gratful for my Heavenly Father who is always there for me in need. I know that he listens to my prayers and gives me the comfort that I need. We are so lucky to be in this life that we are in today. If you are struggling though heard times think of other peoples struggles that they go through. They could be bigger than yours. I hope that you will realize that you are not alone. I hope that you will take the time to think of the blessings in your life and how grateful they are to you.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Nice post. Hey so if you have read my blog you know I have been in the hospital since Wednesday. I am leaving today though, anyway when I first got here for surgery Court noticed your old boyfriend that we doubled with before. He's not your husband though I don't think. I would have never recognized him, but Court has a super good memory! Crazy!

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

I'm sorry that times are tough. It sounds like you have the right outlook on everything though. You've always been such a positive person - I love it! We really need to do something sometime. I think Craig said Jason is having a Halo party - we should have a scrapbook party while they're playing. Oh, check out Paul's blog because he has the same outlook, when times are hard Heavenly Father is the one to turn to. His blog is really cool. The link is on my blog. See ya.

Forever Green said...

Ronda,

I'm so sorry you're having troubles. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you. Love,Kristen

The Calls said...

Hey Ronda, I love ya to death! I've known you for so long...well almost your whole life! You have always had a positive outlook on things even though you have had some very tough times in your life, more than anyone should ever have to go through. I admire how you try so hard to keep yourself centered. You are an amazing person and you know you can always call me, email me holla at me ;) at anytime. ieat!! Love ya, and thank you so much for giving me a different out look on things. You have an amazing testimony and that helps me be stronger in mine!