Monday, June 28, 2010

WHAT AN EYE OPENER!

I tend to get "caught in the moment" thinking I have so much to do and never really taking the time to enjoy life. (My husband is a great example by showing me how to enjoy life more often. I swear the only times that I have seen him stressed while we've been married which is 3 years are maybe 3 to 4 times. ) I tend to think "well maybe if I do this or that my life would be easier etc etc.." Well my friends, life isn't that way. As I am approaching my 25th birthday I have been thinking alot about my life over the years. For instance, what mistakes I have made, what choices I have made etc. At one point I felt like I wasted time for not finishing college or doing something at that point in my life that i should have been doing. But then, I came across this email and thought the choices that I made back then I shouldn't regret because those were the choices that I made that probably were best for me at the time. And lately I have felt like I need to do something to make me feel better about the choices I have made so I have been getting stressed out or feeling depressed. So one night as I was cleaning out my email box I came across this and I am sooo glad that I did because I felt so much better about myself. I shouldn't worry about the past or think that I failed in life. I just need to enjoy the moment. I should be happy with the way that I am I know that I can always improve but I should remember the happy things in life and what makes me happy. I do have to admit though I still get a little depressed with my 25th birthday comming up. I remember when I turned 22 I cried to Jason. He told me I was being silly and I think I was. But 25! I'm getting old but reading this made feel better and thinking that growing up isn't so bad. I just need to enjoy life and not get so caught up in the moment! Being 25 won't be that bad. I should try to remember these things so I can feel young!

HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.' And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.


First, I was dying to finish my high school and start collegeAnd then I was dying to finish college and start workingThen I was dying to marry and have childrenAnd then I was dying for my children to grow old enough so I could go back to workBut then I was dying to retireAnd now I am dying.....And suddenly I realized I forgot to liveRemember: Appreciate your current situation and enjoy each day!Author Unknown

3 comments:

Erica said...

Thanks for sharing. I totally understand what you are saying, it is so easy to get caught up in what you think you should have done. This is a great reminder to live in the moment and live with no regrets!! I hope things are going well with you guys.

Forever Green said...

Hi, Ronda! I have a friend whose blog says at the top, "Be Happy for This Moment, This Moment is Your Life". I love that saying! I remember before Joe came along, and I would go home to Cali for Christmas, I seriously would be on the plane coming back to Utah and totally depressed because all of my friends were married and had kids, etc. My roommate once finally told me, "You are doing exactly what you should be doing in your life right now." That really stuck with me. If I'm living right and making good choices, I am right where I'm supposed to be! It changed my whole thinking! You are so awesome, I think you are the greatest. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are right where you are supposed to be. Love ya! Kristen

Amy said...

Amen! I always have to remind myself to live in the moment because I get so busy and forget to enjoy sometimes.