Sunday, April 12, 2009

A BITTERSWEET FEELING

Well today I got released out of the Young Womens. It was so hard! I love these girls soo much!! It's a bittersweet feeling. I have known for 2 weeks and the past weeks I have been remembering the fun times with these girls, of course there were some tears when I thought about them but at least I can see them every Sunday and maybe visit them once in awhile. I have truley loved this calling. The girls taught me so much. In a way I feel like they taught me more then I taught them. I have had so much fun getting to know these girls. I love the young womens program. I think that when I was in YW's that is when I got to know my self more, and my leaders and the girls in yw's were the ones lifting my spirits up when I was having a hard time with my dad and through other difficulties. I have enjoyed seeing these girls grow and learn more and more each day and just having chats with them, I will miss dropping off Alex and her asking if we could talk for a bit in my car out side her house, activities we have gone to together, going boating last summer, playing Ticket to Ride. FUN TIMES!!
So, they did give me another calling which will be a big transition. They called me as second councelor in the primary! AHHHH!! I am so nervouse! Don't get me wrong I love kids but I have no experience I am the youngest in my family and I have been with my nieces and nephews but I am not very good at being around kids. And you know what?! I am sure Heavenly Father gave me this calling for a reason! In fact I know he did! Because he knows how scared I am to be a mother and how I don't know how to be around kids. I know this calling will prepare me to be a mother. It was funny when I told Jason because the first thing he said with his face lite up he said "you going to be prepared to be a mother!" LOL. I laugh about it all the time because I thought it was so cute! He is so great with kids! I think he would rather be in primary then YM's haha. I am excited to be in primary and be able to teach the kids about the gospel. I have been saying that this is a bittersweet feeling for the past few weeks. And I know that I was called to be in young womens for a reason and I know that I am called to be in primary for a reason. Heavenly Father does look out for us!
P.S. Is anyone in primary? If so any advise??

4 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Hi Ronda. I'm sure you'll do just fine in the primary with your cheerfulness and energy! Sorry I don't have any exacter advice.

The Calls said...

Hey Congrats! I've served in Primary and I loved it! Good Luck. And yes this definately helps you develop patience with little ones!

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

Congrats on the new calling. Primary is so much fun. Wow, this made me realize that I've been in primary for 2 years (chorister and now pianist). I don't have any profound advise but maybe we can talk a little about it next time I see you. Have a great week!

Stacy said...

primary is the best calling I ever had =D I taught 4-5 year olds' for 2 years. it was great!