Sunday, July 13, 2008

In memory of Lynn



My families dear friend Lynn Benard passed away on Saturday morning, due to a short illness. I was so sad to hear about his death. I wanted to burst into tears when I found out but I was more stunned. I have been crying once in a while when I start to think about it more. He touched so many lives. I will always have a special place for him in my heart. He was always there for my family. He was like a 2nd father to me. Especially when my dad was dealing with his struggles. He was so patient with my dad and would always try to put him back on track. I will remember Lynn as always being so willing to help out and putting everything aside to help a friend. He would always give me blessings when I was having a hard time with my dad's stuggles. And they were always so comforting. I will miss the hugs that I would always give him. And him always calling me as one of his girls. He would always say "how's my girl doing?" I remember the first time that I met Lynn, I think I was only 5 years old and we went boating in Lake Powell. I was on his boat with my family and Lynn, and I kept starring at him because I thought he looked so mean because he wasn't smiling or anything and he was squinting but I guess he was squinting because of the sun. And he caught me starring at him and he said something along the lines of "Don't look at me that way little girl." HAHA. Well, my perspective on him changed. He was the sweetest man. I will never forget the way he treated his wife with so much love. And did anything he could to help out a friend. I appreciate his friendship and his love for me and my family. I hope he knew how much I appreciated him and loved him like a father. Thank you Lynn. You will be missed and you will always be in our hearts.

2 comments:

The Calls said...

Ronda you made me cry.. I have been okay since hearing about Lynn but when I saw Lynn's picture I started to cry. I ditto you on his blessings. I didn't have a dad and he was our home teacher and he gave me "fathers" blessings whenever I needed it. And like you said they were so warm and comforting and full of the spirit. Lynn was full of the spirit. Even after he wasn't our home teacher I knew that I could still call him for a blessing. He was a great "Father" figure to many of us girls. I know that he will be missed by so many. My heart goes out to Joyce and their children and grandchildren at this time. We love and will miss you Lynn!

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. He sounds like he was a great man. He kind of reminds me of my grandpa who has also passed away. Isn't it wonderful that we know of eternity and that you will see him again.