Friday, April 18, 2008

Conference Weekend



So, I'm going to have a few posts.. we've been busy latley with fun stuff these past few weeks, that I have not had the time to get on and post. So I'll start from the beginning. Over conference weekend we had our best friends over The Evan's family that are form California that Jason grew up with at out house . And it was fun and yet our house was pretty crowded... 4 adults, 3 kids, and 3 dogs. CRAZY! But it was so much fun having our friends over. Thanks Evan's family for a fun weekend!

Jason and I were lucky enough to go to the last session of General Conference. I love going to the Conference Center. I have to admit once I enter that building I can't help but get teary eyed because of the Spirit and all the people that want to go in who have the same faith as me and my husband. I love it! I love having President Monson as our prophet, I was so glad I was there in the same building when he spoke at the session. I do miss President Hinkley, and it took me a while to get use to having President Monson as our Prohet but now I think I am getting use to it. I just think that President Hinkley is now with his sweet wife Marjorie. One talk that I really enjoyed was Beother Christensen (Iforgot his first name) I loved how he said that we shouldn't overwhelm our children with activities and that we should let them be kids.. I think that was an eye opener for me because before I kept telling myself that when I want kids I them to do sports or dance and play an instrument. And I think I will let them be kids and have fun but yet put them in at least one activity during the year or season. I also loved how he said that we should appreciate our wives and husbands. I think I take Jason for granted sometimes or at times I can get so frusterated with stuff going on that I take it out on him. Poor guy! He is so patient with me and I love him so much. After that talk I think I have done pretty good at appreciating him more. Thank you Jason for all that you do! I love you!

No comments: